Our overarching aim is to prevent abuse and cruelty to children and young people and to make the world a safer place.
We are taking abuse seriously and tackling it now
It is not always easy to spot signs of abuse and compile data when the understanding of abuse, sexual violence, bullying, harassment, neglect, sexual exploitation is little. As a society, we are still struggling to grasp a hold on these issues and their meanings
At SCYP, we aim to raise awareness of these issues and get together to tackle these problems. We aim to learn from the best practices that have helped societies in the world to tackle abuse. We will ensure the lessons learnt from around the world are incorporated into our strategies and approaches.Read More
We stand for children and young people
We are an independent non-government organisation working in the UK and Pakistan for children and young people suffering from harm, abuse, violence, neglect and sexual exploitation.
We stand for children and young people so that abuse is prevented and children and young people are safeguarded. We can work together in preventing abuse of all kinds - sexual, emotional, physical, psychological and racial. We aim to prevent abduction, homicide, rape, abuse, sexual abuse, torture, neglect, harm and sexual exploitation.
We aim to achieve this through safeguarding children and young people from harm and maltreatment.Read More
We campaign for children and young people’s rights to prosperous lives, thriving childhood and safeguarded environment.
We aim to campaign about:
- Raising awareness of society as a whole and specifically of children, young and vulnerable people in Pakistan and from ethnic communities in the UK on sexual abuse, harm, neglect, exploitation, discrimination and violence
- Demanding uniform legislative systems for safeguarding, ensuring the enforcement of human rights laws for children and young people in Pakistan
- Making laws get reformed, ensuring essential laws exist and work for safeguarding children and young people
- Clarifying and defining children and young people’s rights and laws
We believe it is our collective responsibility to safeguard (protect) children and young people from abuse, cruelty, exploitation, neglect and homicide.
It is everyone’s business, duty and obligation to do everything we possibly can do to protect children and young people from cruelty.
We are determined to make this world a place where children are not disadvantaged and young people are not exploited. In the next five years, we intend to be there for 1 million children and young people. With your support, we will:
- Protect children and young people from harm from birth
- Make children and young people speak out and adults, private and public bodies take action
- Support abused children and young people build back a healthy life
- Make children and young people’s online environment safe
- Prevent child homicide, sexual abuse, violence, neglect, maltreatment, lynching and exploitation
Through our values we seek “to guarantee that human rights are exercised without discrimination of any kind based on race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status such as disability, age, marital and family status, sexual and gender identity, health status, place of residence, economic and social situation” (WHO, 2009). We aim to fight injustices prevalent in society and be brave to raise voice for children and young people’s rights.
We aim to be advocating compassion, kindness and respect as the values to cherish and adopt without any sexism, classism and racism.Read More